Friday, August 5, 2011

Calvin Harris "Feel So Close"


Are you looking for the best remix of Calvin Harris' new jam "Feel So Close?"

Probably not, but I am.

Here are some of the options you've got when picking a remix of this electromantic (I thought I just made up that word, but google tells me otherwise) ballad:

In order of best to not as good, IMHO ...

1. Finest Remix (5:04) I've never heard of Finest before and I may have to check out some of their other remixes. This was an eargasm. Tasty bass with a bite. Well balanced crunch. Could get a little repetitive, but that's also what I thought when I heard Calvin Harris' original version of this song. This remix captures the romance of the song better than any other I've heard.

2. TABS Bootleg Remix (5:24) This is pretty. It's not hard or hella intense but it's not boppy and weird. Just pretty and good and pretty good. Honestly, they're all starting to sound a lot alike ... but I like this.

3. Bombs Away Remix (4:59) Is this what house music is like? I'm not sure. I initially had little hope for this song, along with the ugly picture they chose to upload it with, but it's actually got some cool stuff going on in it if you can get through the first minute or so. It's almost sexy. And a little bit gay. Both good things.

4. Nero Remix (4:45) Good, but generic. We get it. Nero, you're all right, but I am looking to have my mind blown or my face melted off or at least my mom to walk in on me jerking off to this song. None of those things happened when I listened to this song.

5. Benny Benassi Remix (5:12) I like Benny Benassi, but the top comment on this track is "WHO WANTS A SKRILLEX REMIX?" and I would thumb up that comment if I were the type of girl that thumb ups youtube comments. Honestly, it's pretty boring. Maybe if there were sexy ladies using powertools or something jiggling to the beat, but until then ...

6. Dillon Francis Remix (5:13) It's not bad. It's got beeps, boops and bass, but is kinda too slow to dance to and too fast to pass as a slow jam. This one's fun, but not something I'd listen to on repeat for an entire day. Or even twice in a row actually.

7. Viper Creek Club (3:33) This is a fun remix if not just because it's so unique. This song is kind of a fun laid back summer mushy song, but this remix accentuates that aspect of it more. For instance, the Finest remix is a lot more powerful and moving while this just makes me think of lying in a park with my eyes closed or walking down the hill after having a few dranks.

8. Dan Clare Remix (3:31) Why it only in 240p? It's all right, I didn't dislike the song but compared to the potential I hope for in a remix of a Calvin Harris song, meh.

9. Xclusi!ve Electrostep Edit (3:53) If the nasty watermarked image they used for this didn't red flag this for me, the fact that it's got the word "xclus!ve" in it should have. I feel like this would be better as a mediocre mashup of every genre of remixes into 4 minutes or less. This is the one remix of all of these that I actually dislike and never want to hear again.

And here's the slow motion summer hipster cream dream original version:

No comments:

Post a Comment