Sunday, January 2, 2011

The first day of the rest of my life ...

I would post pictures of my apartment with our grey-themed Christmas decorations but I seem to have misplaced my camera. We sprayed a pre-lit 4' white tree with matte light grey paint and then also spray painted (it was a sad failure) ornaments various shades of gray. We had better luck hand painting them with acrylic paint and gesso. I took an artificial pine-y garland down to my parents' place and spray painted that in the back yard with grey auto primer and wove in some pretty achromatic ribbons. Pro tip: large spray painty projects are awkward at best if you're trying to do them in the city. At any rate, our Christmas decorations look(ed) nice. When I find my camera I'll upload some pictures.

Here is to a new year, a new blog and new tea. Today Herman and I went to the Waj in search of Royal Milk Tea powder and green tea powder. I couldn't find any RMT, but did get some lavender milk tea and "green tea latte" packets. I just tried the lavender milk tea and it's wonderful--like drinking a flower, but in a good way. Anyway, I was looking for green tea powder to put in protein shakes ... I think this "green tea latte" stuff should do the trick, but we'll see, and the lavender stuff is at least tasty prepared the way it's meant--in hot water, but I may try it in some baking.



Honorable Mentions:
"Tie-pography"
http://ednacional.com/2009/02/17/tie-pography/

Curating the very best packaging design.
http://lovelypackage.com/

Chocolate Tweed Angel Food Cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream
http://www.everybodylikescookies.com/2011/01/chocolate-tweed-angel-food-cake-with.html

No comments:

Post a Comment