Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tonight Michael took me to dinner because I is broke and we were getting hungry after a long day of lying around being exhausted. (Oh! I cut Peter's hair, too). Anyway Bev and I went to Broadgay Grill and I ordered the Greek turkey burger which was quite tasty and had a pear vodka tonic. Michael had fish and chips and a raspberry Absolut and Coke, I think.

It's 28 degrees outside right now. The walk to dinner was ridiculously cold and I had to keep switching which hand I was using to hold my cigarette (alternating which hand got to be warm in my coat pocket). During dinner we discussed Millard Drexler, CEO of J. Crew and if he was married or not, and if he was, it's probably to an old socialite who organizes fundraisers and takes a lot of painkillers and Valium. Her name is probably Caroline Ruth Drexler and their kid's probably named "Montauk." On the way home we started thinking about retail/designer partnerships we'd like to see. This was because I mentioned that I'd seen Hurley and Pendleton partner up which resulted in some pretty cool things:





Anyway, the make-believe partnerships:
Vans and Lane Bryant
Talbots and Gareth Pugh

... I'm sure there a lot more genius partnerships out there.

An ending note on Millard "Mickey" Drexler:
I was trying to find out what his wife's name actually is, and found this article which states that he dresses casually, never in a suit and never a tie. Well sir, I'm pretty sure ascots fall under the category of ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment